My Blog List

Tuesday 17 April 2012

WHY INDIANS DON'T PARTICIPATE IN WORLD CUP


Woooooow!!!         100 GOALS in a 90 MINUTE GAME!     BALL CHANGED TO LION! BALL CHANGED TO FIRE!

Growing up I heard so many reasons why INDIANS don’t participate in WORLD CUP. These reasons are funny, false and absurd I must confess. Am so embarrassed to say I lived many years of my life believing these reasons. It dawned on me that a lot of us heard these stories and believed them like I did because an adult told them and we were brought up to believe ADULTS DO NOT LIE! I guess if we were as intelligent as the kids of nowadays, we will just BLUNTLY tell the adult “IT IS A LIE” or “THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE” and not in any way believe them. Innocent US, right?

They like football also

Anyway, I HEARD they were banned from participating because they used VOODOO and while playing they made the ball turn to a LION and when the goalkeeper saw a lion running towards him, he left the goalpost. Another is that when their opponent kicked the ball, it did not move, until an Indian came to kick it. They programmed the ball that no matter how much strength or what angle they (Indian) kicked  it is from, it would find its way to the goalpost. The most hilarious of all is that in a 90 minutes game, they scored over 100 GOALS!!! Hahahahaha…..

But here is what you really must know and it has NOTHING to do with VOODOO:

“India qualified by default for the 1950 FIFA World Cup finals as a result of the withdrawal of all of their scheduled opponents. But the governing body AIFF (All India Football Federation) decided against going to the World Cup, being unable to understand the importance of the event at that time. Reason shown by AIFF was that there was the cost of travel, although FIFA agreed to bear a major part of the travel expenses, lack of practice time, team selection issues and valuing Olympics over FIFA World cup.
1950. India was invited by FIFA and the Brazilian Football Federation participate in the fourth World Cup in Brazil after a number of countries pulled out of the tournament that year, but the team couldn't take part as most of its players played the game barefooted, and, as per the stipulation of the world body, wearing shoes was mandatory. It was only in 1985 that India did attempt to qualify for the quadrennial event when they took part in the qualifiers for the 13th edition, in 1986, at Mexico. However, they failed to get beyond the first round. In fact, they have participated in the qualifiers regularly since 1994 but failed to get beyond the first round.”
-Wikipedia               


He has Indian heritage
 With these few points of mine, I hope I have been able to convince you and not confuse you that it is not because of voodoo they don't participate in World Cup. Thank you.

Thank you...HB



7 comments:

  1. Lool am not convinced ooo... Adults dont lie. i believe the ball turned into lion. Wow cant believe i fell for that cock and bull tales. Thanks miss HB. IamKanni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure wikipedia is not lying because they don't believe in Juju!!!

    I will still tell my kids that it was because of voodoo...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I actually believed those stories too. It's amazing how so many people can be misinformed by something someone made up. Thanks for taking the time to reveal the truth.I learned something new today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. HB u will not kill me o!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HMMMMM i have been officially educated. I was almost gonna say it was cos they used a lion to chase Pele off the pitch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Badmus, I fell for the same 'fabu' o. Nice article sis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Bibah; I think the stories about ball turning to lion,fire, scoring 100 goals in 90 mins! Was said to be China it was †ђε chinese not Indians; well personally I happen to believe it! Just a weee bit; you know what dey say there's no smoke without fire :)

    ReplyDelete